<< Back to all articles
Published on getmarried.com
Ten Tips for the Mother of the Bride
10 tips to looking (and feeling) good on your daughter's big day!
Ladies, your wedding is the most important event you'll ever plan. However, let's not forget someone special in your audience. This person must be entertained, handled with kid gloves and coddled at a moment's notice. By the way, this is the only person you will allow to look as good as you.
This is your mother.
Susie Galvez, an internationally known esthetician and beauty expert, has a few tips for your mother to manage those emotions and look as lovely as you on this special day:
1. Make time to take time – Getting a good night’s sleep is a great way to not only feel your best, but look your best as well. Set your bedroom temperature for 60 – 65 degrees for optimum relaxation and “beauty sleep.” Also, warm baths are a wonderful way to relax the mind and the body. For best results, bathe within two hours of going to bed. That always sets the mood for much-needed slumber.
2. Practice nighttime lip care – Lips dry out during the night, and with as much smiling and talking as you will do at the wedding, your lips need to be in their best shape. Begin nourishing your lips at night with vitamin-enriched lip balm. Use it before you go to sleep and when you wake up.
3. Blueberries, anyone? – Did you know that blueberries are excellent collagen promoters? Skin collagen helps reduce wrinkling, and you can look your natural best at the wedding by eating just half a cup of blueberries a couple of times a week.
4. You deserve a detox – Helping your daughter prepare for this big day can be stressful without a doubt. Begin your days of preparation with a quick and effective detox drink. Squeeze the juice of a half a lemon or lime and add hot water. Drink this slowly every day, and it will help flush out the impurities that your body has managed to pick up during all those frantic phone calls and shopping trips.
5. Put some bounce in your hair – Every other week, instead of rushing the conditioner on and off your hair, leave it in for about 20 minutes. Wrap your head in a warm towel, relax with a cup of antioxidant tea and think about how beautiful your daughter—and you—will look on that wonderful day. Rinse and style your hair as usual; it will feel like silk and your scalp will be hydrated.
6. Plump up your skin – To seal in extra moisture and plump up the skin, spritz your face with mineral water after cleansing and toning the skin and before putting on moisturizer. Your skin will be radiant and wedding-album photo-op ready.
7. “C” the Illumination – To get a radiant, lit-from-within glow, increase your vitamin C. This will help to transport nutrients to the skin’s upper layers, fighting the appearance of tiny spider veins and rosacea. Also, it will give you a pink, rosy bloom, as it helps the blood supply stay close to the skin.
8. Turn back the clock – Age-defying creams and products will help smooth and protect the skin. It gets older every day, so it is never too soon (or too late) to start using the appropriate skin care regimen. No need for over-priced brands. Find an affordable and proven line that helps reduce wrinkles, and tones and firms like the Mannatech LIFT skin care system. Everyone will think you’re sisters!
9. Hydration Station – Any skin type can develop dehydrated skin, which is caused by over-exposure to the elements, stress, illness, controlled environments and a lack of internal water consumption. To get rid of the dull, taut look and feel, drink lots of water while limiting caffeine, use moisturizer to give your skin “a drink,” put on a moisturizing facial mask and choose gentle, alcohol-free cleansers and toners.
10. This is one life’s very special moments; you have planned it well and taken time for yourself—now it is time to relax and enjoy the celebration!
Photography by Arden Photographers
View Article on GetMarried.com